Kolkata, West Bengal – India
Duration: 8 hours
Maximum Number Of Travelers: 8
Prices Start At ₹ 12,600 INR
Upon meeting your guide at your hotel at 8:30am, board your vehicle and embark on a private full-day excursion to Bishnupur. The 100-mile (160-kilometer) scenic drive will take about 4 hours from Kolkata. Upon arrival into Bishnupur, begin with a visit of the most notable temples: Radhamadhab Temple built in 1737 CE by Shiramonidevi, Kalachand Temple built in 1656 CE, Radhagovinda Temple, and Nandalal Temple. In these temples, notice the treasure-trove of terracotta sculptures especially those related to, Krishna, an incarnation of Vishnu and his love Radha which are depicted in most all of the temples.
After enjoying a buffet lunch, continue the tour to see the performance stage, Rashmancha, built in 1600 CE. Then, visit Jogesh Chandra museum to get a taste of art and archeology. See tools from the Mesolithic and Paleolithic era, terracotta sculptures, and ornaments made of metal. View contemporary art, paintings, and rare photographs as well as a section of the museum dedicated to musical culture which includes instruments and photographs. To end the tour, visit Jor Bangla Temple and the Malla King’s fort which lies in partial ruins.
After the tour, you will be dropped back off to your hotel in Kolkata.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Departure Time: 8:30 AM
- Departure: Your hotel in Kolkata
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 15 years
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Professional art historian guide
- Lunch – Buffet lunch
- Transport by private vehicle
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Returns to original departure point
Private Day Day Trip to Bishnupur from Kolkata
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading “Important Information”. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.