Sikkim, Sikkim – India
Duration: 30 to 60 minutes
Maximum Number Of Travelers: 8
Prices Start At ₹ 9,500 INR / 138 $ USD
- You will be picked from your hotel or fixed point within Darjeeling and driven to Teesta Bazar, where you will meet your instructor. After a brief introduction and important instructions, you’ll set out for your fun-filled and thrilling White Water Rafting adventure.
- Experienced river guides will take you on a safe journey down the river. Whether you are a seasoned rafter or a novice, at Teesta there are provisions and courses earmarked for both. Once you get your helmet, life jacket, a pair of oars and your raft, you’ll be ready to hit the challenging waters of the turbulent Teesta and Rangit.
- The River Teesta originates from Tso Lhamo Lake in North Sikkim at an altitude of over 5,330 meters and its tributary Rangit, originates from a glacier of Mount Kabru. Both finally meet at a place which is close to Teesta Bazar. This meeting point is known as Triveni. Your White Water Rafting experience will start from a point called the 7th Mile and continue down until Labarbote, which will take about 30 minutes to one hour (depending on the speed of the river.
- As you raft down Teesta, you will have wonderful views of the dense forests along the slope of the mountains, various birds, fish in the water, and small villages on both sides of the river. These views combined with the excitement of rafting through the torrents and foaming waters create an unforgettable experience.
When your rafting journey ends at Labarbote point, you will be met and then driven back to your hotel / fixed point at Darjeeling.
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 13:00 PM
Please specify your preferable departure time at checkout
- Departure: Your hotel in Darjeeling
- Departure Details:Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 15 years
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Important Info: suggest outfit
- Males – Bodyfit t-shirt & shorts
- Females – Bodyfit t-shirt & shorts / track pants / leggings
- River sandals or old sneakers
- Sunglasses with retaining cord
- Sunscreen lotion
- Water Grade Info
- Grade 1: Easy, small waves. No obstacles
- Grade 2: Moderate difficulty with clear passage
- Grade 3: Difficult, high irregular waves, narrow passage- require precise maneuvering
- Grade 4: Difficult, powerful waves. Very precise maneuvering required
- Grade 5: Difficult, powerful waves. Lots of twisting and spinning. Very precise maneuvering required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of rafting equipment
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Your hotel in Darjeeling
Once you have booked and received your travel voucher, the contact details for the travel service operator will be on this voucher under the heading “Important Information”. Where applicable, you are required to call the travel service operator directly to advise of additional information such as:
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.
You must be logged in to post a comment.