Haridwar, Uttarakhand – India
Prices Start At ₹ 14,800 INR / 214$ USD
River Ganges is considered as the most sacred river in India. In fact, the identity of India is synonymous with this holy river. The length of the river is 2525km and Gangotri glacier is one of the primary sources of Ganga. There are many mythological stories associated with the origin and descent of Ganges. Among those, the most popular one is the legend in which it is said that River Ganges descended on earth in the place called Gangotri (the Gangotri glacier). The temple situated at Gangotri marks the religious importance of the place, the legend and the river. The original source of River Ganges however, is 19km from Gangotri, in a place called Gaumukh.
The tour starts from the sacred city of Rishikesh, which is also known as the “Gateway to the Himalayas”. After reaching Uttarkashi which is the base for many trekking expeditions, you reach Gangotri. The Gangotri Gaumukh trek starts from here which will take you through Bhojbasa as you walk alongside River Bhagirati. Get close to the mountains when you cross the Gangotri glacier and reach Tapovan known for its scenic landscape. The mighty Bhagirathi group of peaks and Neelkanth Peak are a spectacular view from here. The entire Gangotri Tapovan trek is through pine forest and flowering valleys. Gangotri is one of the destinations of the ‘Chota Char Dhaam’ pilgrimage tour. Apart from religious belief, if you are an ardent nature lover, then this trip will give you a mix of both spiritual fulfilment and instant gratification of your finer senses.
Total Trekking Distance: 47km (approx.)
Maximum Altitude: 4,400m
Temperature Range: May to June: 11 – 23 degree, October to December: 3 – 19 degree
Day 01:Haridwar – Uttarkashi (170kms/5-6hr) Height: 1352 MTS.
- Departure: Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Any Hotel In Haridwar
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because
- the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hotel accommodation as per package same or similar hotels.
- Transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary.
- All toll tax, parking, fuel and driver allowances.
- All applicable hotel and transport taxes.
- Lunch & Snacks does not include in Package.
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals.
- Medical and travel insurance.
- Tips, travel insurance, medical insurance, laundry charges, mineral water,
- telephone charges.
- All items of personal nature.
- Porter, pony, horse, cable car, boat, train tickets, air tickets charges (If any).
- Returns to original departure point
- Hotel for pick up
- Weights for helicopter tours
- Choice of times for tours
- Special dietary requirements, meal choices etc.